- Dial 211 for help accessing food, mental health supports, or other non-emergency programs and services in your community;
- Free, confidential, 24/7.
Activity centres for mental health service recipients
In all, 27 activity centres in the province provide the following to people with mental illness:
- A place to meet, share thoughts and develop a sense of belonging;
- Activities to improve wellness and self-esteem and thereby support recovery;
- Social support, self-help, recreational and advocacy activities;
- Help accessing community resources.
CHIMO Helpline: 1-800-667-5005
CHIMO offers telephone support consisting of useful information, support, and referral to over 4000 resources in New Brunswick.
Examples of reasons that people call:
- Relationship conflicts;
- Problems adjusting;
- Suicidal thoughts;
- Housing problems;
- General information and resources for seniors.
Gambling information line
Information on gambling addiction