Volunteer for health!
Do you have some spare time and a contagious smile?
Join the team of volunteers at your hospital!
Our volunteers greet, visit and support patients. They also organize and run activities that make patient stays in the hospital more pleasant.
- Hosts: greet and direct patients and visitors when they enter the hospital, and provide comfort and support to patients and their families by offering them a light snack, beverage, etc.
- Recreational activities: lead or help lead recreational therapy. You will enable patients to socialize and have fun by helping them participate in group activities (examples: crafts, bingo, music).
- Friendly visits: make inpatient stays more pleasant by visiting patients in their room. Create social stimulation and friendly ties with those who could benefit from interacting with others.
- Patient experience partner: work in partnership with the Network’s management and teams to help improve and guide decisions, policies and practices that affect patient care and services.
- Palliative care: comfort patients at the end of life and support families during the illness of a loved one by providing them with emotional support and comfort.
- Spiritual and religious support: provide spiritual and religious support to patients and their families. Help the spiritual care worker and/or clergy member by serving communion or assisting with worship services.
This list of programs is not exhaustive. Some facilities have developed other volunteering programs based on their needs.
Finally, you could do certain tasks outside the regular programs. We do our best to consider volunteers’ interests and schedules while meeting the needs of our facilities.
Acadie Bathurst Zone