Become a Patient Experience Partner
They work on a voluntary basis with the Network’s managers and staff. They share their expertise and knowledge as a patient or family member to help us improve the care experience for all patients and their families.
Patient experience partners may be asked to contribute a few hours a month on a voluntary basis, depending on the needs of the team, committee, or project they are involved in.
How can patient experience partner contribute?
As a partner, you can contribute to the Network in many ways, such as by:
- Sharing your story: talking about your experience or the experience of your family member will provide us with valuable information and help us improve the quality of our care.
- Participating in teams: you bring a unique and important perspective that will support our efforts to improve patient care.
- Working on short-term projects: you may be asked to help us improve the patient experience in our programs or clinics or to provide advice on construction or renovation projects.
- Reviewing education or information materials: you may be asked to review information documents we give our patients and families in order to help us ensure these materials are meaningful and easy to understand.
- Serving on our Patient and Family Advisory Committee: this committee includes patient experience partners as well as staff members. The committee identifies and examines quality and patient safety improvement projects across all the Network’s programs and services.
Your opinion matters! Become a patient experience partner.
Together for safe quality care!