Participation in research
Patients can help support science and improve care by agreeing to:
- Participate in clinical trials;
- Participate in research projects;
- Donate biological material samples to the Biobank of the Dr. Georges L. Dumont University Hospital Centre
The Biobank of the Dr. Georges L. Dumont University Hospital Centre supports research in order to be able to offer patients:
- Early screening;
- More precise diagnoses;
- Targeted treatments.
How a patient contributes
When a patient agrees to participate:
- Samples are collected during their diagnosis or treatment (tissue or blood);
- Information (age, sex, health history and medical history) are obtained from their medical record.
Ethics laws governing confidentiality are strictly observed. The biological samples and data collected are stored safely within the premises of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre.
Everyone can give their opinion. This is important, since it allows us to improve our services.