The Network cares about patient safety and is committed to providing safe care. In other words, it ensures that everyone directly or indirectly involved in your health care is accountable and takes the necessary steps to protect you against the risk of errors. The Network has a number of mechanisms in place to ensure the provision of safe care.
Patient safety is everyone's responsibility. Improving the quality and safety of health care is a shared responsibility between health professionals and patients.
Here are some brochures that will help you contribute to your safety:
- Ways to Prevent Pressure Ulcers
- Preventing Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism (blood clots)
- Prevent Falls!
- 5 Questions to Ask about your Medication
- The Best Prescription is to Get Informed
- How to Have Safety Conversations: For Patients & Caregivers (Healthcare Excellence Canada)
- It's Your Health... Be Involved!
Virtual care is new to most of us.
We encourage you to use the resources listed below to be well prepared: