Edmundston Regional Hospital: status report (April 30, 2021)
Edmundston, Friday, April 30, 2021 – Vitalité Health Network is presenting a status report of the situation at the Edmundston Regional Hospital to the community. This report will be updated and distributed on a regular basis as the situation evolves.
- Number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients: none
- Number of COVID-19 patients in intensive care: none
- Number of patients on the COVID-19 Unit: none
- Number of intensive care beds: 9 beds
- Number of COVID-19 patients transferred to another hospital: 2 patients transferred to Fredericton, 1 on April 6, and 1 on April 7.
Emergency Department: Open for people who require emergency care and want to see a doctor. However, we ask that people whose health condition does not require urgent care make an appointment with their family doctor or nurse practitioner, consult with their community pharmacist, visit a walk-in clinic or call Tele-Care (811).
Outpatient services and surgery: Gradual increase of outpatient services as well as the number of surgeries over the next few days.
Patient visits: Allowed for designated support persons. General visits are prohibited.
The data presented in this report is evolving rapidly and updates will be communicated on a regular basis if the situation warrants it.