Campbellton Regional Hospital: status report – June 22
Campbellton, Monday, June 22, 2020 – Vitalité Health Network is presenting a status report of the situation at the Campbellton Regional Hospital to the community. This report will be updated and distributed on a regular basis as the situation evolves.
- Number of beds: 154
- Bed occupancy rate: 52%
- Number of intensive care beds: 8
- Number of COVID-19 patients in intensive care: 1
- Number of patients on the COVID-19 Unit: 1
- Emergency Department: Reopening on Wednesday, June 24, 8 :00 a.m.
- Non-urgent outpatient care and services: Progressive reopening on Monday, June 29, 2020.
- Elective surgeries: Progressive reopening on Monday, June 29, 2020.
- Patient visits: Possible on Monday, June 29, 2020, if region 5 moves to yellow phase as previously announced.
- Temporary service closures and interruptions are necessary to ensure the safety of Campbellton Regional Hospital personnel and patients due to an outbreak of COVID-19 in the facility. The Network is making every effort to be able to restore a more normal operation at the Campbellton Regional Hospital.
Main measures in place
- Mass testing of employees in progress since June 13, 2020
- Mandatory use of masks at all times
- Strict infection prevention and control measures are in place
- Enough personal protective equipment for the staff (isolation gowns, gloves, surgical/procedure masks, N95 masks, safety goggles, visors)
The data presented in this report is evolving rapidly and updates will be communicated on a regular basis if the situation warrants it.