Board Policy CA-170: Duties of the Secretary
Effective date: 2021-06-22
The Secretary of the Board of Directors (the “Board”) is the President and Chief Executive Officer.
Duties of the Secretary
The Secretary must:
- Ensure that minutes are written for each meeting;
- Ensure that the Board’s correspondence is processed;
- Ensure that all reports required under New Brunswick legislation and regulations are prepared;
- Be the custodian of all of the Vitalité Health Network’s (the “Network”) minutes, documents, and records;
- Be the custodian of the Network’s seal;
- Ensure that notices of Board meetings and Board committee meetings are sent to members;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Board;
- Ensure that the Network complies with the legislation and regulations to which it is subject as well as its By-Laws, rules, and policies;
- Advise and support the Chairperson and Board members in the performance of their duties;
- Act as a communication and information link for Board members;
- Administer, in collaboration with the Governance and Nomination Committee, the Code of Conduct and Morals and the conflict of interest guidelines governing Board members.