The physiotherapy team provides assessment, consultation, intervention and education services.
Physiotherapists’ goal is to ease pain and re-establish movement so that patients can return to their regular activities.
Physiotherapists work closely with other health professionals to coordinate patient care.
They provide services for inpatients as well as for adults and children seen in the outpatient clinics.
Patients are treated for the following reasons:
- Musculoskeletal problems;
- Orthopedic problems (hip surgery, fracture, etc.);
- Neurological disorders (stroke);
- Cardiorespiratory rehabilitation (heart attack, chronic obstructive illnesses such as asthma, etc.);
- Physical rehabilitation;
- Geriatrics, bariatrics, amputations, etc.