Physiotherapists assess and treat musculoskeletal, neurological, and cardiorespiratory problems.
The goals are to relieve pain and restore movement so that patients can resume their activities. Physiotherapists work closely with other health care professionals to coordinate patient care.
The Physiotherapy Department includes physiotherapists, rehabilitation assistants, and secretaries.
Staff provide services to inpatients for problems in the areas of:
- Cardiorespiratory capacity;
Staff also provide services to outpatients (those who are not hospitalized), including:
- Musculoskeletal problems;
- Neurological problems (adults and children);
- Vestibular disorders;
- Treatment of lymphedema (swelling);
- Bariatric cases;
- Chronic pain;
- Chronic obstructive diseases;
- Back sessions;
- Pre-admission clinics for hip, back and knee surgery.
The Physiotherapy Department participates in training programs, accepting interns from various colleges and universities.
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.