The Mgr. Henri-Cormier Lodge, which opened in September 1993, provides accommodation for patients who are receiving cancer treatments at the Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre and who live more than 100 km from Moncton.
The lodge makes it easier to access oncology services. It recreates an environment that is as close as possible to family life. There are several lounges, a kitchen, a library and areas for rest and contemplation. Volunteers are heavily involved in organizing activities and leisure to make people’s time at the lodge more pleasant.
The Mgr. Henri-Cormier Lodge is intended for people:
- With cancer who are receiving chemotherapy, radiation therapy and/or brachytherapy treatments at the Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre;
- Who are aged 19 or over and, as needed, have a companion accompanying them (also aged 19 or over);
- Live more than 100 km from Moncton;
- Who are independent in their daily activities, including dressing, eating, using the washroom, taking their medications, and moving about (i.e. able to move at least 800 feet or 250 metres per day).
People who are not entirely independent must necessarily be accompanied by an independent companion who helps them do the above daily activities and get around the lodge and hospital.
The companion of a patient hospitalized on Unit 4D for cancer treatments or a patient with an appointment to see the oncologist may also stay at the Mgr. HenriCormier Lodge.
Priority is given to patients who are receiving treatments. Companions and patients who have an appointment with the oncologist must find accommodation elsewhere if all the rooms are occupied by patients receiving treatments.
People who want information on available options can check with the staff.
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation is free.
Wi-fi access is free.
The lodge’s 45 rooms are comfortable, fully furnished and tastefully decorated. The facility can accommodate up to 90 people.
- There are 24 rooms with two single beds, including two rooms that are wheelchair-accessible.
- The other 21 rooms each have a double bed for people receiving treatments and their companion.
- Each room has a bathtub, shower, toilet, sink, closet, telephone connected to the front desk, and desk with a lockable drawer.
- Bedding and towels are provided.
Food is provided for breakfast. Everyone is responsible for preparing their own breakfast before 10:00 a.m.
Every day during their treatments, each person will receive a meal card to pay for their lunch and supper (the value of each meal is $7 and the person must pay any difference). This meal card is placed in a holder with the person’s room number on it. The meal card must be used at the cafeteria during the week and the snack bar on weekends. The meals must be eaten at the Dr. GeorgesL.Dumont UHC and not at the lodge.
The hospital gift shop sells 7-day and 30-day passes for one of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont UHC’s three parking lots.
A few parking spaces are available near the lodge for a maximum of two hours.
Hours of operation
The lodge operates 24/7, except for long weekends with a statutory holiday falling on the Monday or Friday.
To contact us
The lodge is located behind the Dr. GeorgesL.Dumont UHC. You can get to the lodge through the tunnel connecting the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont UHC to the Dr. Léon-Richard Oncology Centre.
Mgr. Henri-Cormier Lodge
333 Highfield Street
Moncton, New Brunswick