Reduce the number of persons with HIV through teaching, counseling, screening and referral to appropriate resources.
Public Health nurses:
- Provide free anonymous HIV testing services to residents of New Brunswick and to inmates in provincial and federal correctional institutions;
- Refer infected individuals to the appropriate resources for treatment;
- Raise awareness, teach and advise;
- Consult and collaborate with physicians and other health care professionals.
During anonymous testing, the nurse doing the blood test does not know the patient’s identity. To preserve anonymity, the patient’s identity is indicated by a code on the chart and laboratory form. To receive test results, patients must present their code in person to the nurse.
To request anonymous HIV testing, please call 1-833-603-0499.
- No personal information is required (no name or Medicare number).