The best way to protect yourself from seasonal influenza is to be vaccinated every year. People who are immunized protect themselves and others.
The influenza vaccine is free for:
- Those at high risk for influenza complications;
- Those who live with these persons.
Public Health nurses administer the influenza vaccine:
- To healthy infants/children aged 6 months to 59 months (before age 5).
To make an appointment
- Call your local Public Health office.
- Call your physician or nurse practitioner
- Call a certified pharmacist
- Call the Victoria Order of Nurses (VON)