Board Policy CA-395: Strategic Research and Training Committee
Effective date: 2021-06-22
To fulfill the strategic directions of Vitalité Health Network’s academic mission in the area of training and research.
Membership and operations
The Strategic Research and Training Committee is made up of:• Four members of the Board of Directors (the "Board") appointed by the Board, one of whom chairs the committee;
- The Regional Director, Research Scientific Development and Training, as an ex-officio member without the right to vote;
- The Associate Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the Université de Sherbrooke / Director of the Centre de formation médicale du Nouveau-Brunswick as an ex-officio member without the right to vote.
- A representative of the joint Network-ACRI Scientific Director position.
- A representative of the Moncton University as en ex officio member without the right to vote.
- The Chairperson can, if applicable, invite anyone to attend a committee meeting as a non-voting member.
- The committee can take on any resource person deemed useful to carry out its duties for a specific period of time. These resource persons are not part of the committee.
- The committee operates within the guidelines set out for the Board of Directors committees (CA-300).
- The committee meets at least three times a year.
- Perform governance duties related to training and research to meet the Network’s commitments in this area, i.e. promoting and developing research and offering students an administrative guidance and an environment that are conducive to training.
- Promote synergy between the Network’s academic mission and its health care service mission.
- Ensure that training and research priorities and actions in are in line with the strategic directions prioritized by the Network.
- Report to the Board of Directors on major directions, priorities and strategic initiatives in the area of training and research.
- Review the results of training and research activities ensuring that the strategic objectives set are met and assess the impact of these activities on the quality of care and services provided by the Network.
- Assess and support strategies to ensure the financial sustainability of the academic mission.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on any matter that has an impact on training and research development and innovation (opportunities for collaboration among hospital, university and government professionals and private sector professionals for funding or development of research infrastructure, relationships with the various educational institutions, affiliation agreements between facilities, etc.).
The committee submits meeting reports to the Board of Directors and keeps the minutes of its meetings and progress reports in its annual action plan.