Board Policy CA-310: Executive Committee
Effective date: 2019-06-18
The Executive Committee addresses matters that are urgent or that must be resolved between regular meetings of the Board of Directors (the “Board”).
Membership and operations
- The Executive Committee is made up of a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary, (President and CEO) and three (3) other Board members entitled to vote.
- The Chairperson of the Board also chairs the committee.
- All members have the right to vote except the secretary of the committee.
- The Committee meets as needed between the Board’s regular meetings.
- The Committee operates within the Board of Directors Committees policy (CA-300).
The committee advises the Board and makes the recommendations it deems appropriate on issues related to its terms of reference. Therefore, the committee:
- May resolve any issues that cannot wait during the periods between regular Board meetings, subject to the limits set by the By-Laws or unless otherwise indicated by the Board;
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Board ;
- Operates within the guidelines.
Ratification of Board decisions
The committee must have all its decisions ratified by the Board at the next regular Board meeting.
The committee submits meeting reports to the Board of Directors and retains the minutes of its meetings.