“Win by Quitting” Challenge scheduled for the Southeast region and Acadian Peninsula
Bathurst, January 28, 2014 – Vitalité Health Network invites the public to take a step toward a smoke-free life by participating in the “Win by Quitting” Challenge, scheduled for the Southeast region and Acadian Peninsula on Wednesday, January 29. Special programs aired between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on radio stations CFBO, CJSE, and CKRO will feature spots by health professionals on the topic of smoking.
The public will also be invited to take a step toward a smoke-free life by participating in the “Win by Quitting” Challenge. Listeners can make four types of commitments, namely to:
- Quit smoking;
- Reduce the number of cigarettes they smoke;
- Keep their environment smoke-free (e.g. house, vehicle, etc.);
- Continue living smoke-free.
Listeners will be able to make their commitment over the telephone or go to one of the following broadcast sites:
- CFBO: Dieppe Co-op, 615 Dieppe Boulevard;
- CJSE: Bouctouche Co-op, 191 Irving Boulevard;
- CKRO: Café-resto Grain de folie de Caraquet, 171 Saint-Pierre Boulevard West.
The “Win by Quitting” Challenge is an initiative of Vitalité Health Network and the Acadian Peninsula Anti-Tobacco Coalition.