The Social Work Department provides services in three facilities:
- Campbellton Regional Hospital;
- Restigouche Hospital Centre;
- St. Joseph Community Health Centre.
The department deals with all the factors that affect patients, such as their families and communities. Social workers help patients and their families to solve personal, financial and social problems that predispose them to illness or slow their recovery.
Social workers help patients to develop and better utilize their skills to solve their problems and improve their quality of life. They collaborate with the medical team, patient, family, and community resources to provide high-quality service and plan for discharge.
- Individual or group interventions
- Support and education for patients and families
- Finding and organizing resources
- Consulting and collaborating with the medical team and community organizations
To request services
The Social Work Department serves a diverse clientele with multiple needs.
- Call 506-789-5022.
- Requests may come from physicians, members of the care team, or community organizations.