The Psychology Department provides services in three facilities:
Campbellton Regional Hospital;
In all nursing units, particularly the following sectors:
- Acute Psychiatry;
- Palliative Care;
- Pediatric Assessment Clinic;
- In all nursing units, particularly the following sectors:
Restigouche Hospital Centre;
- The department works in all tertiary care units and forensic psychiatry, including the Chrysalis Youth Program;
St. Joseph Community Health Centre:
- Eating Disorder Clinic;
- Motivaction Clinic.
- are specialists in human behaviour and its cognitive processes (learning, memory, perception, language development);
- help to resolve emotional or behaviour problems using therapy;
- help their patients to maintain and improve physical, intellectual, emotional and social functioning.
In general, psychologists:
- interview patients, examine and evaluate behaviours and perform psychometric testing;
- diagnose behavioural, emotional and cognitive disorders;
- offer individual and group psychotherapy (relaxation, cognitive stimulation, etc.);
- develop and assess intervention programs.
The Psychology Department includes psychologists, residents in psychology, assistant psychometrists, and administrative staff.