The Psychiatry Unit has 13 beds, six close observation rooms, and facilities needed for therapeutic activities and patient well-being. The unit serves patients aged 16 and up. It provides short-term care and works with various partners in the region.
The unit also provides psychiatric care to children/adolescents under 16. Two beds are reserved on the Pediatric Unit for this population.
Hospitalization for acute psychiatric care:
- individual and group therapy.
- Assessment of patients with mental health problems who come to the Emergency Department. This assessment may also be performed through telehealth.
- Stabilization clinic to monitor outpatients who take antipsychotics. This clinic is part of the best practices recognized by Accreditation Canada in 2013.
The Psychiatry Unit keeps on the leading edge and sets priorities that consider the needs of the population.
- Monday to Friday, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays, from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
On Wednesday evenings and weekends, children 12 and under can visit patients with authorization from the staff.
Our care team includes:
- Nursing staff;
- Social workers;
- Occupational therapists.