Audiologists diagnose and rehabilitate patients of all ages (inpatients or outpatients) with peripheral or central hearing loss or tinnitus. They also participate in the assessment and rehabilitation of balance disorders and vertigo.
- Assessment of hearing and balance disorders, including screening (universal newborn hearing screening) and diagnosis
- Interventions related to hearing disorders, prevention, counselling, treatment, consultation, management, and awareness-raising
- Rehabilitation, choice, prescription, verification and adjustment of hearing aids and assistive hearing devices (television, telephone, etc.), communication strategies, rehabilitation of persons with tinnitus
- Training and supervision of students and professionals, including support staff
- Consultation with other professionals and referrals