Palliative care is specialized care offered to end-of-life patients when it is no longer possible to cure their illness.
- Patients and families have access to an environment that encourages calm, comfort, and dignity.
- Physicians and nurses have extensive knowledge of palliative care.
- The unit has five rooms and six beds, two family rooms, a kitchenette, a washer and dryer, and an outside patio.
- Visiting hours are unlimited for loved ones.
- Loved ones can spend the night at the patient’s bedside if they want to.
- Control pain and other symptoms of the illness to offer the best possible quality of life.
- Allow loved ones to participate in care while providing them with needed support.
- In some cases, plan for a return home with support and care in the home.
Palliative Care Unit
Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre, 3rd Floor
330 Université Avenue