Speech-language pathology services are for patients of all ages. They are offered in three facilities:
- Campbellton Regional Hospital;
- Restigouche Hospital Centre;
- St. Joseph Community Health Centre.
Any child with a delay or disorder in acquisition of language and speech
Any adult with a communication disorder caused by neurological damage (e.g. stroke, head trauma, brain tumour, etc.) or degenerative neurological disease (e.g. Parkinson's disease, dementia, etc.)
Anyone with one of the following problems:
- Disorders of the voice;
- Trouble swallowing;
- Speech disorder involving articulation.
- Individual or group therapy
- Parents’ group for language stimulation
- Interdisciplinary pediatric team
- Interdisciplinary adult rehabilitation team
- Consultation with families
- Public education
- Assessment and follow-up at the Learning Centre (Restigouche Hospital Centre only)
How to request services
- For children, make the request directly.
- For adults and seniors, the request has to come from a health care professional.
The Speech-Language Pathology Department team includes speech-language pathologists, rehabilitation assistants, and administrative staff.
For more information, consult the following sites: