The Intensive Care Unit has ten beds and an overflow bed. The highly qualified staff has many advanced skills and various certifications.
The Intensive Care Unit provides high-quality care to patients 18 and older whose critical condition requires acute, highly specialized care.
In an emergency, staff can also provide care to patients under 18 in order to stabilize them before transfer to a tertiary care centre.
The main functions of the Intensive Care Unit are:
- Administering drug therapy requiring close monitoring;
- Administering hemofiltration therapy;
- Cardiac and/or hemodynamic monitoring;
- Providing mechanical ventilation;
- Close monitoring after major surgery;
- Providing care adapted to an individual situation requiring closer monitoring than in a general care unit.
- 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 10 minutes per hour
- Immediate family members or significant others only
For medical and safety reasons, children 12 and under are not admitted.