The Breast Health Centre is a referral clinic offering access to a multidisciplinary medical team specializing in:
- Treatment of breast abnormalities (benign and malignant).
Patients are referred for breast abnormalities such as a mass, discharge, pain, lesions, or skin changes.
For a woman to get an appointment at the centre, a referral must be sent by:
- Her family physician or a specialist who suspects a breast problem;
- A radiologist who detects a problem on a screening or diagnostic mammogram.
The Centre’s team consists of these professionals who work together closely:
- Radiation oncologists;
- Radiology technicians;
- Nurse navigators;
- Plastic surgeons.
The Breast Health Centre team works to:
- Reduce waiting periods for diagnosis and treatment;
- Support patients;
- Provide proper follow-up at every stage of the continuum of care;
- Screen and treat high-risk patients.
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Breast health nurse navigators
Breast health nurse navigators collaborate with the medical team and play a frontline role with patients of the Breast Health Centre. They:
- Answer patients’ questions and try to alleviate their concerns;
- Make sure patients receive the support they need;
- Meet patients’ physical, psychological, social, and educational needs.
Breast health information is available upon request over the phone to women who want to learn how to quickly screen for abnormalities and keep their breasts healthy.
To make an appointment or for more information, call 506-862-4164.