Board Policy CA-150: Duties of the Vice-Chairperson of the Board of Directors
Effective date: 2018-06-26
- The Vice-Chairperson of the Board of Directors (the «Board») is elected from among the Board members at the annual general meeting of the Network, following a recommendation of the Governance and Nomination Committee.
- The term of the Vice-Chairperson is renewed every year.
Duties of the Vice-Chairperson
- The Vice-Chairperson shall have all the powers and perform all the duties of the Chairperson if the latter is absent or unable to act, as well as any other duties assigned by the Board from time to time.
- In the event of resignation of the Board Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson will perform the duties of the Board Chairperson until the position is filled.
- If both the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson of the Board are absent or unable to act, the Board elects an acting chairperson from among the Board members to chair a meeting or for any other purpose identified by the Board.