Become a volunteer
Do you want to become a volunteer? You must meet the following criteria:
- Be comfortable with patients and illness;
- Be available for a regular period of a few hours every week;
- Be ready to make a medium- or long-term commitment (we ask that volunteers provide a minimum of 40 hours, but exceptions can be made for students);
- Be capable of performing the assigned tasks;
- Be at least 14 years old (parental consent is needed if less than 18 years old);
- Agree to participate in orientation and training programs;
- Have good communication skills;
- Be able to communicate in both official languages in order to work with patients;
- Be willing to work cordially with other volunteers and staff and to respect rules and regulations;
- Provide three references;
- Consent to the verification of their criminal record obtained from the RCMPor the municipal police.
How to proceed:
- You need to fill in the candidate form below. You may include your resumé; however, it is not required. You can also contact Volunteer Services by telephone.
- You will be invited to attend the next scheduled information session.
- You will then make an appointment for an interview.
- You will receive a general orientation and the required training for your specific volunteer assignment.
Acadie-Bathurst Zone: 506-544-3660
Beauséjour Zone: 506-862-4267
Northwest Zone: 506-739-2857
Restigouche Zone: 506-789-5069
Thank you for your interest in Volunteer Services offered in Vitalité Health Network. Our programs are planned in such a manner that patient needs are foremost. We do our best to accommodate applicants but we cannot guarantee that each applicant will be offered an assignment.